top of page


Merseyside Law Centre Housing Illustration

We provide a number of options in terms of our housing advice. 


 Housing Advice - Free Drop-In Sessions 

We operate face to face advice drop in sessions at our Dovecot & Kuumba Imani offices and you can access our specialist services via these. Please do check on below lists that your issue is within our remit before you attend. 

Dovecot MAC - Mondays & Thursdays  from 10am-12pm

Kuumba Imani Millenium Centre - Wednesdays from  10am-12pm

If you are unable to attend a drop in session, please fill in an online enquiry form which can be found on this website. 

Housing Possession Advice Drop in & Court Duty 

We cover the Housing Duty Possession scheme in both Liverpool & Birkenhead and run a FREE housing possession advice drop at court the same day.  This scheme is very much an emergency service for defendants who haven’t been able to obtain legal advice before their Court hearing. We can assist tenants and borrowers who have rent arrears and mortgage arrears, and in proceedings for anti-social behaviour.

Housing Possession Advice Drop In

Liverpool Civil & Family Court - Wednesdays & Fridays from 11am-1pm. 

We are at Liverpool court on Wednesdays and Fridays, and alternate Tuesdays for Birkenhead. For more information, please get in touch. 


We have no influence on property pool/housing allocations and cannot assist with enquiries of this nature

Emergency advice and representation at court for housing possession cases 

Eviction and possession proceedings (from your rented home), including notices served by your landlord


Succession for tenants if there

is threat of losing your home ie when the person you live with

has died

Unlawful eviction or harrassment

Rented home in such poor condition that it’s affecting

your health (disrepair)

We can help with

We can't help with

Housing issues if you are a landlord


Buying and selling property


Wills and probate

Housing transfers

Neighbour disputes

Boundary issues

Deposit Schemes

​If you need advice, please check if we can help before contacting us.

In order to respond to your enquiry we will record your personal details and these will be retained for a period. For details of our privacy policy please click here.

If we are unable to help and your issue is listed in the pink box you may need to contact the following organisations;


0808 800 4444

Liverpool Student Homes Housing Rights Advice Service

07970 247 209   

bottom of page