Benefits & Welfare

We can provide advice on a number of benefits issues

We can advise on some but not all problems with benefits. We can help with some of the more complicated benefits issues, where you need legal advice to appeal a decision of:

  • First-tier Tribunal – for Universal Credit, Employment Support Allowance or Personal Independence Payment only

  • Upper Tribunal – for any benefit

We can help with

Appeals at the Upper Tribunal if you disagree with a First-tier Tribunal result

If you live under Liverpool City Council we can help with:

Appeals at the First-tier Tribunal for work capability or right to reside issues – Universal Credit, Personal Independence Payment and Employment Support Allowance only

Challenging benefit overpayments

Requesting a mandatory reconsideration

Requesting a Statement of Reasons if you disagree with a First-tier Tribunal result 

​The initial request for permission to appeal a First-tier Tribunal result, based on an error of law.

We can't help with

Applying for benefits

Form filling

Checking benefit entitlement



​If you need advice, please check if we can help before contacting us. In order to respond to your enquiry we will record your personal details and these will be retained for a period. For details of our privacy policy please click here.